Best Practices To Adapt For Cracking JEE Exam:
JEE or the Joint Entrance Examination is a yearly examination conducted in India. It is basically a regular Entrance exam where the students are rewarded with a rank. This rank helps them to enroll in engineering colleges over the country. JEE is mainly divided into 2 parts, JEE-main and JEE-advanced conducted by the CBSE 12 syllabus. (Central Board of Secondary Education). The JEE-Main is conducted for entrance in institutes like Indian Institutes of Information Technology and National Institute of technology, whereas the JEE-Advanced exam is predominantly for cracking Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), the most prestigious engineering college in India. The students who fail to make either of these are taken up by the best private engineering colleges in India.
Tips at a glance:
- Enroll in to the course right after class 10 examinations.
- Enroll in a suitable and reputed tuition and diligently attend classes.
- Think of real life applications of the lessons, not merely as a syllabus.
- Self-study and Self- Revision.
- Learn to manage time effectively.
These are discussed below in greater detail.
- If you are serious in pursuing a career as an engineer then JEE is the gateway. As the rewards are high the effort needed to be put in is also quite high. Do not waste any time after class 10 board exams, instead buy the necessary books for IIT JEE and get down to studying. IIT books are quite readily available in the market so they should not be hard to come by.
- There are a large number of tuition centers all over the country to help in your preparation. A good coaching Centre will groom you for the exam as well hold a large number of mock examinations for an all-round preparation. A few of the Top Coaching Classes are,
FIIT JEE, Bansal Classes, Narayana, Brilliant Tutorials etc. These are the pioneers of coaching for JEE in India and they even publish their own books and course materials. Works by the teachers affiliated with these classes are considered as some of the best books for IIT-JEE.
- You must know, that JEE is not by nature a difficult exam. It is an applied knowledge exam to test your theoretical knowledge. So keep in mind from the very beginning that you get to know practical uses of the things you are learning. Try to train your brain into thinking about them in natural scenarios instead of words on paper.
- Develop a natural inclination toward Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Remember, to crack this exam it is not enough to simply mug up for an exam. You must be drawn to the subjects so as to develop and individual study schedule. If the subjects arouse the thirst for knowledge it means that you will by yourself revise the things covered in coaching classes. Self-Study is an important aspect of the whole learning curve; you have to keep the end result in sight and toil away for a better future.
- Time management is the gravest peril of the students in the examination hall. To ready yourself against such a challenge there are a few things you can try, like practicing to do mental calculations to save valuable time doing rough work. After finishing up the syllabus when the coaching classes hold their series of mock tests, focus more on answering questions in a timely manner than on correct answers. You need to practice and learn how much time to give per problem, when faced with a rather difficult problem it is advisable to move on and visit it later on. There are a large number of Q/A solving booklets found for sale and practice papers and last year’s papers are even available online for download. Try to practice as much as possible. Practice Makes a Man Perfect.
Lastly here are a few suggestions of books and colleges:
TOP 10 Private Engineering Colleges in India:
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science.
- Vellore Institute of Technology.
- Birla Institute of Technology, BIT Mesra,Ranchi
- PSG College of Technology.
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune
- SSN College of Engineering, Chennai
- National Institute of Engineering, Mysore
- SRM University, Chennai
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
- R.V. College of Engineering, Bangalore
A few book Suggestions:
- For Physics: C Pandey.
- For Math: Arihant
- For Chemistry: Solomon and Frei.
- Q/A Booklet: Made available each year, students can buy online or from any book shop.