The intelligence of an individual is assessed using a cognitive assessment test. It evaluates the ability of an individual’s learning process, comprehending ideas, solving problems, and reasoning ability. Cognition is a wide range of concept including many areas of understanding starting from IQ, Mathematical skills, verbal and much more.
Based on the nature of the job need for the cognitive ability varies. Yes, skills are different from cognition, and various jobs need different skills. But, how does cognitive ability matters? Different position not only need unique skills, but also the ways to use those skills and for that intelligence level must vary to handle various responsibilities. For instance, people with more cognitive ability will have a better understanding of the task; they can learn quickly, and implement things with minimal training. Also, they will be self-driven and might not need more supervision. Thus assessing the cognitive ability of an individual is a critical step in the recruitment process.
6 Benefits Offered By the Cognitive Assessment Test
- Cognitive abilities assessment test helps in avoiding a wrong decision. Technically sound candidates need not always be having the high cognitive ability. Hence analysis can help to minimize wrong hires. Eighty percent of attrition happens only because of the wrong hiring decision. Once people come on board, they are put on the actual job and either it fails and sent out of the company. Otherwise, they don’t like the nature of the situation, and they quit. In both the cases,hiring decision was wrong. The cognitive test will let know the company about the resource and vice versa allowing both to take the right choice.
- Even if a resource is referred to recruitment from your own company, you cannot blindly hire. Each has a different skill, and few may be bold, and others will shy away. It is the best practice to employ every resource after putting them across a standard recruitment process, and the mainly cognitive test will help them do so.
- The test allows the company to know the ability of the new hire within no time. The scenario-based questions on the test will let the interviewer see the quality of the candidate before bringing them on board. People within the age group of 25 and 35 are very dynamic, and one uniform assessment method is required to find the best from the crowd.
- The test results have been several times assessed on the ground by hiring resources that cleared the test. Such people have proved to be performing well on the job. It further allows the test maker to understand the ability of the individual based on the outcome and this can be done by comparing the results of two hires. Machine comparison will be unbiased as it will consider the answers and not the person who gave the answers.
- The cost of implementing such test is not very costly in the recent years, and for the accurate results and speedy delivery, it is worth the money.
- The test also helps the organization to decide on the position for the resource based on the test result and this they can arrange for a suitable training plan even before the resource joins the firm.