University of Delhi is renowned central university which provides admissions to various under graduate and post graduate courses. The university offers admission to various regular, private and distance learning programs. It provides admission in various disciplines in under graduate and post graduate courses.
- Online registration will start in first week of April, 2017
- Last date to fill in the application form will fall in last week of April, 2017
- Entrance exam will be conducted in the second week of July, 2017
- Result will be declared in first week of July, 2017
Pre- Admission Form
The form is available to all kind candidates of the different categories. The application form can be filled both online and offline. There is separate forms for General and OBC candidates and separate form for all other reserved candidates. Candidate has to fill the application form according to their category. The candidates can avail the forms with information brochure from the designated centers as well. Once, the candidate fills the application form, it has to be submitted to the designated center. Also, candidates are required to get the acknowledgement slip of submitting the application form. The form is available for those courses, whose entrance exam will not be conducted.
List of Documents required at the time of Admission
The candidates are required to bring the following documents at the time of Delhi University (DU) admission. These documents are required in original along with 2 sets of self-attested photocopies of each of the document.
- Passing certificate of class 10th
- Mark sheet of 10th class
- Mark sheet of 12th class
- Provisional or original certificate of class 12th
- Character certificate which should be recent
- Category certificate in case of candidate is Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe
- Certificate of Other Backward Class Category
- The candidates who have cleared class 12th from outside Delhi will have to produce a Transfer Certificate or Migration Certificate
- Two passport size self-attested photographs
Reservation of Seats
There will be reservation of seats as per the categories as-
- For Scheduled Caste Candidates- 15% seats
- For Scheduled Tribe Candidates- 7.5% seats
- For OBC Candidates- 27% seats
- For PWD candidates- 3% of seats of 40% seats reserved for candidates with physical disabilities
- For Armed Forces- 5% seats
- For Foreign Candidates- 5% seats
- For Sports/ ECA quota- 5% seats
In the minimum eligibility marks, 5% marks will be relaxed while providing admission to Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe candidates, and 10% relaxation to the OBC category candidates
The merit list will be prepared for the general candidates will contain all the candidates including the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward candidates as well. The candidate who all belong to the reserved category if it falls in the merit list as prepared, then the candidate will be considered under the general category. In the other words the candidate will not be entitled to get admission under reserved category.