As small children finally grow from the base of secure attachments, they would be ready for the real world. Successful education should create a capacity to expand themselves further. Here are signs associated with successful education among young children:
- Self regulation: Self regulation is the ability to think before we act. Small children are actually not too good with this, but with good education they should be able to grow under the guidance of caring adults. They should be able to stop and think, before doing something. Self-regulation should be considered as the ability to analyze their primary urges, such as finding comfort and security with every way possible. Small children should be able to control these urges. It may be the ability to postpone gratification and wait for its arrival. Children with good regulation will not have tantrums and anger outbursts. They will be able to tolerate stress and cope with frustration. This should be considered as a life skill that they need to learn. This ability needs to be learned and taught properly.
- Affiliation: Small children need to affiliate with others to form healthy relationships with others. Children should be given an environment where they can have positive peer interactions, especially through creative group learning. This should help them to develop strong affiliation with others. They will know how to join in and work with their friends to create something lasting and stronger. When affiliating, children will be able to accomplish so much more than doing everything on their own.
- Attunement: Small children who have successful education should understand the value of attunement. It is the ability to see beyond themselves. Children will be able to recognize the values, needs and strengths of others. Attunement begins with the personal assessment and then comparing with other children. As an example, children will know when others have different accents and foods. Good ability to understand attunement should help children to see similarities, instead of just differences. Children will go beyond the skin color, race and nationality. They will recognize that people are similar and this will be an important core strength.
- Tolerance: Small children who have undergone successful education should be able to tolerate others. They will be able to know that differences should be tolerated. Through such learning, students should be able to develop proper awareness that differences can actually be used to unite human being. The ability to tolerate could be based on attunement and this requires enough patience. It would be important for children to overcome the fear of difference and they will become more tolerant with one another.
- Respect: Respect is an indication of successful education and it can be considered as a life-long developmental process. Respect to others can be expanded from self respect. This should require proper environment, especially if children have the opportunity to meet different people. Children who experience good education should be able to respect other children.