Rep. Holly Hughes
Rep. Holly Hughes is running for re-election in the 91st House District, which she has served since 2011. Rep. Hughes is a former school board member and small business owner. As a member of the House of Representatives, she has been a reliable vote in favor of key education reforms. During her tenure in the House, Rep. Hughes has supported legislation to give the school district and educators the tool they need to be successful for students.
- HB 4625, amends the tenure act so great teachers are protected and creates a meaningful evaluation system that gives educators important feedback based on classroom observations and students outcomes.
- HB 4626, improves tenure by ensuring good teachers are protected under the tenure act and provides important due process rights for all educators.
- HB 4627, which helps to ensure every child in Michigan has access to a high quality teacher by requiring that layoffs be based on educator effectiveness and their impact on students, rather than arbitrary factors.
- HB 4628, takes the politics out of personnel decisions, by requiring district to implement, fair and transparent personnel policies, while also ensuring teachers have due process protections.
- SB 618, Supported creating quality schools options, to ensure every child in Michigan has access to a great school regardless of where they live.