Once students are in the high school, their reaction is about how restricted their ability to do things they want. In general, high schools are more demanding than elementary and middle schools. After this initial reaction, they could be stressed by the sudden increases in projects, papers, homeworks and others. Students could be distressed if they need to deal with heavy loads and this could cause them to procrastinate. Many students think that the learned material will stay with them the first time they learn about it. For some students, they could become more rushed in their study, which actually lower the memory retention. It is essential for students to immediately break their bad study habits. There are things they need to do to keep things well organized, while keeping themselves fully on track.
- Use daily planner: Daily planner is a good thing to have if students still don’t get used to higher loads in high schools. Daily planner is a tool that can remind students about things they shouldn’t forget. It should help people in a routine and they can regularly check the planner for everything they have forgotten. Our body will be able to accept the numerous repetitions and they will become a new habit.
- Summarize: High school students often need to learn multiple books and it is important for them to summarize all chapters in the book. Summaries won’t help student to gain good grades directly, but they could be used as the basis for future learning. Students will have generalized ideas of what the course could give them.
- Choose good first steps: There are series of steps that students need to do to achieve multiple goals during their study sessions. First steps are essential to make sure that we won’t be lazy anymore.
- Make changes: Middle school students need to make huge changes when they finally go to high school. They need to assess whether their old study habits can still be applicable. This should open a lot of opportunities to expand their study capabilities in the future.
- Before going to high school, students should make sure that they have necessary things. Many children often need to make sure that they are fully prepared. Children often need to leave behind old habits, because methods of working with projects and homeworks in the middle schools may no longer applicable.
- Use folders: It is a good idea to use separate folder or cabinet for every class. Folders can be rather bulky to carry, but they should help us to become much more organized and we won’t lose our homework. We won’t have to rush to get everything in order, because we know where specific things are located.
- Sleep early: It is always a good idea to sleep early and high school students need to sleep at least eight hours each day, perhaps nine hours if they need to be physically active in the gym class. Sleeping early should help them recharge their energy.